Thursday, March 28, 2019

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

I chose to read Of Mice and Men as part of the Read Harder challenge: to re-read a book that was assigned in school. I can't remember how I felt about this book back when I was a teenager. Bits and pieces were familiar, but I couldn't remember the entire story. I was probably focused on more important things in my life back then, such as daydreaming about Jordan Catalano.

Overall, it was alright - however re-reading it felt a bit like an assignment since it's not a book that I'd gravitate towards nowadays for pleasure. I've never really connected much to the classics. I purposely chose a really short book. I got it out of the way early in the year so I can focus on books I want to read more.

I guess not much has changed, though I've finally moved on from Jordan...

Judge the cover: 4/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment